PURCELLVILLE, Va., April 18, 2023 — Bring your family and friends to the Purcellville Music and Arts Festival on Saturday, April 29 from noon to 7 p.m., rain or shine. This free, family-friendly event, held on the grounds of Dillon’s Woods and inside the Bush Tabernacle Skating Rink at 250 South Nursery Avenue, will feature live music and performances, an art exhibit, games, chalk art, and other activities. Local vendors will be selling hand-crafted items, food, drink, and more.
The line-up of performances is below.
Dillon’s Woods Stages behind Fireman’s Field
- 12:00 to 12:30 - 38Dawgz
- 12:45 to 1:15 – Downe Lands
- 1:30 to 2:30 – Talton Brothers Band
- 2:45 to 3:30 – The Shamrockers
- 3:45 to 4:45 – Rowdy Ace Band
- 5:00 to 6:00 – Speakeasy Band
- 6:15 to 7:15 – Rick Reaves Jazz
Community Stage Next to the Bush Tabernacle Skating Rink
- 12:00 to 12:30 – Woodgrove High School Something Rotten Players
- 12:45 to 1:15 – Loudoun Valley High School Comedy Cult
- 1:30 to 2:00 – Woodgrove High School Something Rotten Players
- 2:15 to 2:45 – Loudoun Valley High School Comedy Cult
- 3:00 to 3:30 – Woodgrove High School Something Rotten Players
- 3:45 to 4:15 – Loudoun Valley High School Viking Theatre
Art Hall Stage inside the Bush Tabernacle Skating Rink
- 12:00 to 12:30 – Bryan Baxter Folk and Roll
- 12:45 to 1:15- Bryan Baxter Folk and Roll
- 1:30 to 2:00 – Blue Ridge Thunder Cloggers
- 2:15 to 2:45 – Willie White
- 3:00 to 3:30 – Misneach Irish Dance Academy
- 3:45 to 4:15 – Celtic Rhythm School of Dance
- 4:30 to 5:00 – Willie White
The Bush Tabernacle Skating Rink will be transformed into the Art Hall and open from noon to 5 p.m. Inside, there will be a display with more than 30 works of art, performances, an art demonstration, and activities. Pick up a festival scavenger hunt booklet while you’re there and complete it to win a prize!
The festival will also feature games for all ages, face painting, glitter tattoos, sidewalk chalk art, and t-shirt decorating. Handcrafted jewelry, candles, wooden items, skincare items, food, drink, and more will be available for purchase. Several local organizations will have displays and information.
Thank you to the sponsors of the festival: Carrington Homes – Title Sponsor, Elysium Axe Bar, Amazing Outdoors, Loudoun Valley Roofing, Purcellville Business Association, Sengpiehl Insurance, Valley Energy, Longhouse Architects, DiRenzo Family Dentistry, Fox Pest Control, Jill Green State Farm, and Karl & Mary Jane Williams.
The Purcellville Music and Arts Festival is jointly hosted by the Town of Purcellville, the Purcellville Parks and Recreation Advisory Board, and the Purcellville Arts Council. For more information about the Purcellville Music & Arts Festival please visit www.purcellvillemusicandartsfestival.com and follow PVilleMusicArts on Facebook.
The Town of Purcellville, Virginia
“Purcellville-your small Town, where history and progress intersect and people prosper,” is an award-winning town of approximately 10,000 residents located in Loudoun County, approximately 50 miles west of Washington, DC. Having received the 2021 Virginia Municipal League Innovation Award for Environmental Sustainability and in years past, the prestigious Siemens Sustainability Award for Small Communities, Purcellville continues to be honored for innovation and green initiatives. The Town most recently received the Tree City USA Award for the 14th consecutive year. The Town was reaffirmed as a AAA rated community by S&P Global Ratings, the highest credit rating possible, and was ranked “Safest City” in Virginia in 2020. Once a stop along the W&OD rail line, which has been converted to a multi-use trail from Alexandria, VA to Purcellville, the Town has maintained its historic old-town feel through the restoration and maintenance of its many downtown structures, reflecting the Victorian architecture popular during the early 1900s. Today, Purcellville is the economic hub of western Loudoun County and a popular weekend destination for antiquing, equestrian activities, farmer’s markets, wineries, breweries, distilleries and restaurants. More info at www.purcellvilleva.gov.