PURCELLVILLE, Va. January 25, 2022—The sixth annual Purcellville Cabin Fever Film Festival featuring 18 films will be held this Friday, January 27 and Saturday, January 28 at the Franklin Park Visual and Performing Arts Center. This festival highlights local tales and talent films, student productions, and vintage home movies, with emphasis on films made in Purcellville or by film makers with ties to Purcellville and/or Loudoun County. Prizes, sponsored by the Friends of Franklin Park Arts Center and the Purcellville Arts Council, will be awarded for “Best Student-Produced Film” and “Audience Favorite”. Break that cabin fever in late-January and enjoy the sixth year of Purcellville’s only film festival!
Two of the 18 films have a nature theme and will be shown on Friday evening starting at 7 p.m. A reception will follow the showing. Starting at 10 a.m. on Saturday, January 28, 16 films will be shown. These films include live action, documentary, and stop motion that range from 1-minute to 42 minutes. After all films have been shown on Saturday, members of the audience will select their favorite film to determine the “Audience Favorite” category. After all of the films have been shown and votes tallied, all film-makers will be recognized and the winners of the “Audience Favorite” and “Best Student-Produced” film will be awarded. Both days of the festival will be live-streamed.
The slate of films is provided below. Please note that some of the films have mature content and may not be appropriate for young viewers.
Friday Block of Films:
- “One Wing” by Gillian Moses (mature theme)
- “Defending the Dark” by Tara Roberts Zabriske
Saturday Block of Films:
- “Patience Lost: A One Minute Short Film” by Josh Ryan (mature theme)
- “Dia de los Muerto” by Varun Chharia
- “Everything Under the Sun” by Maddy Wade (mature theme)
- “Long Sleeves” by Josh Ryan (mature theme)
- “Transcend” by James Scott
- “Fragments” by Hannah Cantrell
- “The Bun Bun’s Motorcycle” by Aaron Benson & Noah Benson
- “Lunch Line” by Chase Johnson
- “Covid-19: The Monster of Its Time” by Emily Benson & Aaron Benson
- “480 Seconds” by James Scott (violence)
- “Failure 2 Communicate” by Hannah Cantrell (mature theme)
- “The Benny Case” by Josh Ryan
- “Le Cirque des Idiots” by Phil Erickson and Penny Hauffe
- “The Wallflower Pact” by Rikki Elizabeth Stinnette
- “The Father’s Guilt” by Varun Chharia (mature theme)
- “A Curative Melody” by Varun Chharia
Tickets are $5 for either in-person or virtual viewing on Friday, January 27 and $5 for either in-person or virtual viewing on Saturday, January 28. Tickets may be purchased in advance online at: www.franklinparkartscenter.org. Franklin Park Visual and Perforning Arts Center is located at 36441 Blueridge View Ln, Purcellville, VA 20132.
The Town of Purcellville, Virginia
“Purcellville-your small Town, where history and progress intersect and people prosper,” is an award-winning town of approximately 10,000 residents located in Loudoun County, approximately 50 miles west of Washington, DC. Having received the 2021 Virginia Municipal League Innovation Award for Environmental Sustainability and in years past, the prestigious Siemens Sustainability Award for Small Communities, Purcellville continues to be honored for innovation and green initiatives. The Town most recently received the Tree City USA Award for the 14th consecutive year. The Town was reaffirmed as a AAA rated community by S&P Global Ratings, the highest credit rating possible, and was ranked “Safest City” in Virginia in 2020. Once a stop along the W&OD rail line, which has been converted to a multi-use trail from Alexandria, VA to Purcellville, the Town has maintained its historic old-town feel through the restoration and maintenance of its many downtown structures, reflecting the Victorian architecture popular during the early 1900s. Today, Purcellville is the economic hub of western Loudoun County and a popular weekend destination for antiquing, equestrian activities, farmer’s markets, wineries, breweries, distilleries and restaurants. More info at www.purcellvilleva.gov.