PURCELLVILLE, VA. March 1, 2022 – Area artists are invited to showcase their creative works during the Purcellville Music and Arts Festival this year on April 30! The Purcellville Arts Council hosts the Art Hall inside the Bush Tabernacle from noon to 5 p.m. during the annual festival. The Art Hall features an art exhibit, hands-on activities, local art organizations, art demonstrations, and live music. All artists, professional or hobbyists, are encouraged to enter so that the exhibit will reflect the area’s diverse and rich cultural presence. The application for the Art Show is available online. Click here to submit art entries for the exhibit.
Below is information for artists about the exhibit:
- The deadline for entries is April 8, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- There is no fee to enter.
- Artists are limited to 2 submissions.
- Artwork is accepted on a first come, first served basis. Submissions may be declined once capacity is reached.
- Artwork is juried for acceptance only; there is no competition.
- Everyone is eligible to participate and encouraged to submit their best artwork.
- All work must be appropriate to display at a family-oriented festival.
- Artwork can be sold when the artist is contacted directly by the purchaser; each artist must make his or her contact information available if his or her artwork is for sale. The Purcellville Arts Council and volunteers will not be responsible for any sales.
- No individual or entity connected with the exhibit will be responsible for loss or damage, regardless of the cause.
- Artists are responsible for insuring their own work.
Additional information is available on the application. Please submit one application per piece of art. For more information, visit www.PurcellvilleMusicAndArtsFestival.com and follow the Purcellville Music and Arts Festival on Facebook.
The Town of Purcellville, Virginia
“Purcellville-your small Town, where history and progress intersect and people prosper,” is an award-winning town of approximately 10,000 residents located in Loudoun County, approximately 50 miles west of Washington, DC. Having received the 2021 Virginia Municipal League Innovation Award for Environmental Sustainability and in years past, the prestigious Siemens Sustainability Award for Small Communities, Purcellville continues to be honored for innovation and green initiatives. The Town most recently received the Tree City USA Award for the 14th consecutive year. The Town was reaffirmed as a AAA rated community by S&P Global Ratings, the highest credit rating possible, and was ranked “Safest City” in Virginia in 2020. Once a stop along the W&OD rail line, which has been converted to a multi-use trail from Alexandria, VA to Purcellville, the Town has maintained its historic old-town feel through the restoration and maintenance of its many downtown structures, reflecting the Victorian architecture popular during the early 1900s. Today, Purcellville is the economic hub of western Loudoun County and a popular weekend destination for antiquing, equestrian activities, farmer’s markets, wineries, breweries, distilleries and restaurants. More info at www.purcellvilleva.gov.