PURCELLVILLE, Va., January 21, 2021 — The Town wants to remind Utility customers with unpaid water/sewer bills of payment options and resources. We realize the pandemic has affected many of our customers financially. Water disconnects and late payment penalties have been deferred at this time. The Town is encouraging customers to make partial, periodic payments to avoid the ‘snowball’ effect of mounting bills that will come due and reduce penalties when they become applicable.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns. We are here to help!
- Notices of unpaid balances for the December and previous bill cycles have been mailed.
- The Town is aware of nation-wide Postal Service delays. The Town will honor postmarked payments as on-time.
- Non-receipt of a bill does not dismiss customers from payment responsibility. (Contact our office with any bill/payment inquiries)
- Check payments are processed in the order received & may take longer to clear the bank while Town Hall is closed and limited staff are in the building due to COVID.
Drop Box: A convenient/secure drop box is located on the J Street side of Town Hall
ACH Automatic Withdrawals: Free automatic payment draft program https://www.purcellvilleva.gov/421/ACH-Web-Page
Online: www.officialpayments.com Electronic payment service is offered by Official Payment Corp. - Convenience fees apply
By Phone: 1-800-272-9829 via Official Payments – Convenience fees apply
Mail: 221 S Nursery Ave., Purcellville VA 20132
(The Town is experiencing delays in receiving mail)
COVID-19/ FINANCIAL HARDSHIP UTILITY REPAYMENT PLAN
The repayment plan allows residential customers additional time to pay their utility balance as a result of financial hardship from the COVID-19 Pandemic. This plan is in accordance with the Governor’s moratorium (an authorized postponement) on utility disconnections for delinquent residential utility accounts. The moratorium will continue until the Governor determines the economic and public health conditions have improved such that the disconnection moratorium no longer needs to be in place or until at least 60 days after the Virginia state of emergency ends. The Act also provides for and the Town of Purcellville may qualify for an exemption from the moratorium. Financial assistance resources are available for customers unable to adhere to a payment schedule.
- Residential customer more than 30 days delinquent
- Experienced financial hardship due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Repayment plans must be paid in full within 24 months
For more information or to request the COVID-19 Financial Hardship Utility Repayment Plan, visit: https://www.purcellvilleva.gov/975/Covid-19-Utility-Payment-Plan
Local Community Resources
Housing, Food and Financial assistance help is available in your community.
Ayuda con recursos de vivienda, alimentos y asistencia financiera está disponible en su comunidad.