PURCELLVILLE, Va. August 14, 2020— The Town of Purcellville will open the Business Interruption Grant application process Monday, August 17, 2020.
The Purcellville Town Council recognizes the significant economic hardship businesses are experiencing as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and remains dedicated to providing relief and support to the local business community. The Town of Purcellville has $450,000 available to provide support to small businesses located in the Town. This funding may be used by the grant recipients to assist with business interruption expenses resulting from, and in response to, the impact of COVID-19.
The Business Interruption Grant application will be available online beginning Monday, August 17. Printed copies of the application will be available at Purcellville Town Hall the same date. The application period will be open through Friday, August 28, 2020. Another round of funding may be available in September, pending available funds.
Purcellville businesses will be able to apply for grant funding up to $8,000 to help cover the following costs incurred, as a result of COVID-19, between March 1 – December 30, 2020:
- Assistance with paying rent/mortgage, payroll, and employee benefits
- Expenses to accommodate remote business operations and technology needs, such as webcams, subscriptions for virtual video conferencing, no-touch card swiping devices, and laptops
- Costs incurred during a reopening process due to limiting accessibility to the public, and for displaying and/or communicating state-based requirements for public access. Examples include tables, chairs, tents purchased for curb service; printing signs and posters.
- Purchase of items meant to protect the public and employees, and other costs incurred by installing required safety measures in order to reopen a business. Examples include tape and rope for designating social distancing space; protective masks; hand sanitizer; and sanitizing wipes.
- Modifications to allow outdoor service – assistance with qualified expenses for food establishments to allow for outdoor seating for social distancing. Examples include tables, chairs, tents, printing signs/posters, tape/rope for social distancing space.
To be eligible for a Business Interruption Grant, businesses must meet the following criteria:
- For-profit business, operating from a physical location within the Town of Purcellville before March 1, 2020
- Must be current on all Town taxes, licenses, and permits as of the grant submission date
- Have up to 50 hourly or salaried employees
- Must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 25% business interruption or loss in revenue as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Less than $2.5 million in annual gross receipts, for the 2018 and 2019 fiscal years
- Home based businesses are eligible to apply
Grant program information can be found at https://purcellvilleva.gov/959/Purcellville-Business-Interruption-Grant. The application process will be open until Friday, August 28, 2020. You may submit online via the website or printed applications can be picked up at the Purcellville Town Hall, located at 221 South Nursery Avenue and submitted by mail or dropped off at Town Hall. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or call 540-751-2312.
A grant program specifically for non-profit organizations will be available in September.