PURCELLVILLE, Va. May 28, 2020 — Beginning next Wednesday, June 3, 2020, the Town of Purcellville’s refuse contractor American Disposal, will resume its bulk item collection within the Town. As a reminder, bulk item collection must be scheduled at least 48 hours prior to collection day.
Important Service Reminders:
Bulk Item Collection:
To schedule collection, contact Town Hall at 540-338-7421 or submit via the Citizen Issue Form on the Town’s website 48 hours prior to collection day.
- No more than 3 items per pick up, not to exceed 2 cubic yards (furniture and household items only)
- Construction or home remodeling material is NOT eligible for collection
- Bag all household trash and place in containers at least 10 feet from obstacles (mailboxes, cars, lamp posts, etc.)
- Avoid placing bags outside of containers
- Whenever possible, limit the amount of waste and remember the 3 R’s – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Drain all liquids and rinse containers
- All cardboard boxes MUST be broken down before being placed into or beside the recycling containers
- 10 bag and 10 bundle limit per collection
- Bundled debris should not exceed 4ft. in length and 3ft. in diameter
- Dirt, sod, concrete, rocks, and mulch are NOT eligible for collection
To ensure collection, please place all items curbside Tuesday night. Report collection issues by contacting Town Hall at 540-338-7421.