PURCELLVILLE, Va. April 10, 2020 — The Town of Purcellville would like to share important reminders regarding the weekly collection of trash, recycling and yard waste.
Amid the current health crisis, the Town’s refuse contractor American Disposal Services remains dedicated to providing full service to the Purcellville community for the collection of trash, recycling and yard waste. While American Disposal is committed to providing this essential service at the current level, we are reminded as this is a time of significant uncertainty, it may become necessary to adjust the level of service if their operations are impacted by COVID-19.
To help protect the collection teams and minimize potential impact to future services, we are asking residents for their help to prevent the spread of the virus and bacteria.
Household Waste and Recycling:
- Rinse and drain trash and recycling containers.
- Disinfect can handles and lids before and after collection.
- All trash must be bagged and tied. This helps to ensure that you, your family, your neighbors, and the trash collectors are not in contact with any potentially contaminated items.
- Minimize the amount of material outside of the refuse containers.
- Other Reminders:
- Bulk item pickup has been suspended until further notice.
- Try to limit household waste – as a result of the necessity to stay home, the volume of trash and recycling has increased by 30%.
- Recyclable material in plastic bags will be collected as trash.
- Minimize yard waste by mulching grass clippings vs. bagging them.
We will continue to update Purcellville citizens of any Coronavirus-related changes as they occur through our usual channels of News Flash/Press Releases, Town Alerts, as well as the Town’s website and Facebook pages.
If you would like to sign up for notification of the Town of Purcellville Alerts, either via text message and/or email, please visit www.purcellvilleva.gov, and click on the “Alerts” icon at the bottom of the page. You may select which items you would like to receive notifications, including such topics as news flash/press releases, job alerts, and Town Council items.