PURCELLVILLE, VA. March 26, 2019 – To showcase the many artists living and working in this area, the Purcellville Arts Council hosts the Art Hall inside the Bush Tabernacle during the annual Purcellville Music and Arts Festival which will be held on Saturday, April 27. The Art Hall features an art exhibit, hands-on activities, local art organizations, art demonstrations, and live music. All artists, professional or hobbyists, are encouraged to enter so that the exhibit will reflect the area’s diverse and rich cultural presence. The application for the Art Show is available online. Click here to submit art entries for the exhibit.
Here is information for artists about the exhibit:
- The deadline for entries is April 19, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- There is no fee to enter.
- Artwork is juried for acceptance only; there is no competition.
- Artists are limited to 2 submissions.
- Everyone is eligible to participate and encouraged to submit their best artwork.
- All work must be appropriate to display at a family-oriented festival.
- Paintings, Photographs and Drawings may not exceed three feet in any direction and must be wired for hanging (artwork that does not have wire for hanging will not be accepted).
- 3D, Quilts, and Sculptures may not exceed six feet in any direction; textiles must be prepared for hanging; sculpture must have a stable base and be able to sit on a table or an artist-provided stand.
- Artist must be able to carry artwork into building for placement (there will be no additional labor or hand-trucks available).
- Artwork can be sold when the artist is contacted directly by the purchaser; each artist must make his or her contact information available if his or her artwork is for sale. The Purcellville Arts Council and volunteers will not be responsible for any sales.
- Submission of work for this exhibit will be construed as acceptance of all conditions.
- Artists are responsible for insuring their own work. No individual or entity connected with the exhibit will be responsible for loss or damage, regardless of the cause.
- If you have questions, please contact Amie Ware at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information, visit www.PurcellvilleMusicAndArtsFestival.com and follow the Purcellville Music and Arts Festival on Facebook.