PURCELLVILLE, Va., November 7, 2018 — The Town of Purcellville’s 15th Annual Christmas in Purcellville Parade is scheduled for Saturday, December 15 from noon to 1:30 p.m. In an effort to improve the safety and efficiency of the parade, the Town will be changing the route this year. The new parade route will start at Loudoun Valley High School on N. Maple Avenue, turn right onto Main Street, then turn right onto 21st Street. The official end of the parade is the Purcellville Train Station, though all participants will continue to the Cardinal Concrete Plant for parent pick-up and to dismantle floats. The road closures and associated approximate times are provided below:
- 21st Street at Ashleigh to Main Street from 11:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- 23rd Street will be closed from 11:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Main Street and N. Maple Avenue will be closed from 11:45 a.m. through 1:30 p.m.
- 21st at O Street will be closed from 11:45 a.m. through 1:30 p.m.
- Main at Hatcher, Nursery Avenue, 18th, 16th, 12th Streets will be closed from 11:55 a.m. through 1:30 p.m.
Traffic will return to normal at approximately 1:30 p.m., after the parade is over. To participate in the parade please visit, https://www.purcellvilleva.gov/FormCenter/Parks-and-Rec-Forms-2/Christmas-in-Purcellville-Parade-Guideli-61. More information about all of the Christmas in Purcellville Festivities can be located on the Town of Purcellville website at www.PurcellvilleVA.gov.