- Events & Activities
- Things To Do - Events and Activities in Purcellville
- Celebrate Purcellville
- General Information
- Directory of Participating Businesses and Non-Profit Organizations
- Participation Information for Businesses and Non-Profits
Join Us to Celebrate Purcellville!
The second annual Celebrate Purcellville will be held October 2 - 8, 2023. This week-long, town-wide event highlights local businesses, non-profits, artists, and performers. Here is the schedule for the second annual Celebrate Purcellville:
October 2 - 8, 2023 - Town-wide
- PASSPORT to participating businesses and organizations (click on the Directory of Participating Businesses and Non-Profit Organizations tab above for details)
- TOWN-WIDE SCAVENGER HUNT with 10 clues for 10 locations; find the clues in the passport
- Pick up a passport at:
- Town Hall (221 S. Nursery Avenue)
- Purcellville Library (220 E. Main Street)
- Participating businesses and organizations
October 8, 2023 - Celebrate Purcellville finale in Dillon's Woods from Noon to 5 p.m.
- Live music!
- Face painting!
- Passport drop off from noon to 1 p.m.!
- Prize drawings for completed passports (you have to be there to win) at 4 p.m.
Prizes for Passports Turned in with 20 or More Stickers
Get 20 or more stickers in your Celebrate Purcellville Passport or get all 10 scavenger hunt codes, turn it in between noon and
1 p.m. on October 8 during the finale, and you'll have a chance to a win prize!
Celebrate Purcellville is co-hosted by the Town of Purcellville and the Purcellville Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
Remember that the Town-wide tag sale is happening on Saturday, October 7 and will be a great chance to visit a lot of the participating businesses!
Thank you to the 2022 Sponsors of Celebrate Purcellville
Businesses and non-profits participating in the 2022 Celebrate Purcellville are listed below.
How Businesses and Non-Profit Organizations Participate in Celebrate Purcellville
We encourage businesses with a current Purcellville business license and non-profits located within the incorporated limits to help us Celebrate Purcellville and register to be included in the Celebrate Purcellville Passport. Participation is FREE! The agreements for participation are listed below.
Participating Businesses and Non-profit Organizations
- The deadline to apply is September 15, 2023.
- Stamp the Celebrate Purcellville Passports when presented during the week of October 2 - 8, 2023 (stickers will be provided).
- Display a flyer to indicate that your business or non-profit is participating in Celebrate Purcellville (flyer will be provided).
- Promote Celebrate Purcellville on website and social media.
- Have a special offer or giveaway for people who visit to get a sticker to encourage them to come back again
- Donate an item to be used as a prize for winners of the drawings of completed (minimum number of stamps) Celebrate Purcellville Passports
- Food vendors with a Purcellville business license that would like to participate during the finale of Celebrate Purcellville on October 8 from noon to 5 p.m. may apply online.
Town of Purcellville
- Update the Celebrate Purcellville page on the Town website.
- List participating businesses and non-profits on the Celebrate Purcellville page of the Town website.
- Create a Celebrate Purcellville Passport that lists the participating businesses and non-profits, and their addresses.
- Create and implement a marketing plan to promote Celebrate Purcellville.
- Provide Celebrate Purcellville flyers to participating businesses and non-profit organizations to display.
- Provide stickers to participating businesses and non-profit organizations for the Celebrate Purcellville Passports.
- Provide copies of the Celebrate Purcellville Passport to the participating businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Host the finale with live music, food, drink, and activities.