Purcellville Non-Profit & Business Interruption Grants
COVID-19 continues to affect the ability of local 501(c)(3) non-profits to provide aid to community members in need. In recognition of the continued impact, the Purcellville Town Council dedicated a total of $218,500 from the Town’s Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act funding to ensure the efforts of local non-profit and faith-based organizations will be able to continue to provide assistance to Purcellville residents in need.
Organizations may apply for up to a $15,000 grant. To apply for the Town’s Non-profit Grant, eligible 501(c)(3) non-profit and faith-based organizations must be able to provide the following:
- Documentation of Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3) tax exempt status;
- Documentation that the organization is authorized to receive grants from localities under applicable Virginia law;
- Certificate of Good Standing with the Virginia State Corporation Commission;
- Description of how the organization’s services have been impacted, interrupted, or expanded as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic; and,
- Description of the services the organization provides to citizens living in the Town of Purcellville.
The Non-profit Grant application is now available online. The closing date to apply is Monday, October 12, 2020. Click on the Non-Profit tab at the top to read the guidelines, terms and conditions, FAQ, and the online application. You may submit online via the website or you may pick up a printed application at the Purcellville Town Hall, located at 221 South Nursery Avenue and submit by mail or drop off at Town Hall. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or call 540-751-2312.
The application for the second round of Business Interruption Grants will be available online from 8 a.m. on Tuesday, September 8 through 5 p.m. on Tuesday, September 29. Printed copies of the application will be available at Purcellville Town Hall during this period.
Purcellville businesses will be able to apply for grant funding up to $8,000 to help cover the following costs incurred, as a result of COVID-19, during the period of March 1 – December 30, 2020:
- Assistance with paying rent/mortgage, payroll, and employee benefits
- Expenses to accommodate remote business operations and technology needs, such as webcams, subscriptions for virtual video conferencing, no-touch card swiping devices, and laptops
- Costs incurred during a reopening process due to limiting accessibility to the public, and for displaying and/or communicating state-based requirements for public access. Examples include tables, chairs, tents purchased for curb service; printing signs and posters.
- Purchase of items meant to protect the public and employees, and other costs incurred by installing required safety measures in order to reopen a business. Examples include tape and rope for designating social distancing space; protective masks; hand sanitizer; and sanitizing wipes.
- Modifications to allow outdoor food service – assistance with qualified expenses for food establishments to allow for outdoor seating for social distancing. Examples include tables, chairs, tents, printing signs/posters, tape/rope for social distancing space.
To be eligible for a Business Interruption Grant, businesses must meet the following criteria:
- For-profit business, operating from a physical location within the Town of Purcellville before March 1, 2020
- Must be current on all Town taxes, licenses, and permits as of the grant submission date
- Have up to 50 hourly or salaried employees
- Must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 25% business interruption or loss in revenue as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Less than $2.5 million in annual gross receipts, for the 2018 and 2019 fiscal years
- Home based businesses are eligible to apply
Businesses qualified to receive a grant in Round One, based upon their continued eligibility, may automatically qualify to receive additional funding in Round Two. The Town will reach out to these businesses to determine if they are interested in receiving a second grant award.
You may submit online via the website or printed applications can be picked up at the Purcellville Town Hall, located at 221 South Nursery Avenue and submitted by mail or dropped off at Town Hall. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-751-2312.
The application period is Tuesday, September 8 through Tuesday, September 29.
Below are links to information about the Purcellville Business Interruption Grant program. Please be sure to read the Guidelines and the Terms and Conditions before completing the application.
- Terms and Conditions
- Application (the application will be live on Tuesday, September 8 at 8 a.m. and be open through Tuesday, September 29 at 5 p.m.)
- Frequently Asked Questions
Also see Loudoun County’s Economic Development page for the COVID-19 Business Interruption Fund Round 5 Details.