The Purcellville Parks and Recreation Advisory Board hosts a series of monthly nature walks the last Sunday of each month at the Chapman DeMary Trail. The walks are led by local experts and are free! Register online!
Below is the 2020 schedule:
• January 26: Birds in the Winter with the Purcellville Library
• February 23: TBD
• March 29: Pollinators! Make a seed pot to take home with seeds for plants that attract pollinators, led by Nancy Reaves
• April 26: Clear out the weeds and plant plants that pollinators need with Julie Borneman of Watermark Woods. Bring your own gloves and something to drink!
• May 31: Adopt a Tree at the Chapman DeMary Trail with Carol Ivory of the Loudoun County Tree Stewards
• June 28: Catch and Count Creek Critters with the Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy
• July 26: Nature journaling with Nancy Reaves
• August 30: Eco-printing and dyeing with Nancy Reaves
• September 27: Storybook Trails with Loudoun County
• October 25: Learn how to use iNaturalist with Ranger Rob of the Loudoun Valley Community Center
• November 29: Learn how to identify trees in the winter with Carol Ivory of the Loudoun County Tree Stewards
• December 27: Take a wintry walk with the Purcellville Library