The Town of Purcellville is committed to honest budgeting, responsible spending, and financial transparency. In this spirit, the Town has partnered with our financial software provider, Tyler Technologies, to provide our citizens and stakeholders a financial transparency portal via the Open Finance product. The Transparency-Purcellville portal is designed to bring visibility, openness, and accountability to our operations.
This site pulls financial data directly from the Town’s financial system and provides users the opportunity to view, filter, and analyze revenue, operating budget and vendor data. Visitors can examine the Town’s revenue sources, operating budget and vendor payments at various levels of detail such as fund, function, department, expenditure type and checkbook displays. Options are also available to share or download data for further analysis.
Click here to navigate to the Transparency-Purcellville portal.
Portal navigation instructions
- Click on red “Explore” boxes in center page to explore Purcellville’s financial data from FY16 to present:
- Revenue Budget- Explore the revenue budget and actual collections by category (fund level) and subcategory (revenue types)
- Operating Budget- Explore the operating or expenditure budget and actual costs by fund (general fund, parks and recreation fund, utility funds, capital project funds), functional area, category (summary level), or subcategory (detail or object level)
- Vendor Payments- Explore vendor payments by spending summary or checkbook level of detail
- See the Town’s Top Vendors, Operating Budget and Top Revenue Sources at the bottom of the main screen
- Within these areas, the user can select various types of displays to include:
- Pie Chart
- Over Time
- Show data as dollars ($) or percent (%)
- Various sort options are available
- Ledger details are located at the bottom of the page
- Use the grey box on the left side of the screen to navigate layers of detail or return to the main screen
- Use the search box at the top to find specific vendors or transaction types.
- Download or share data- see the link at the bottom of the page that allows the user to create an Excel download or share the data.