Purcellville Arts Council
The Purcellville Arts Council supports visual and performing arts in the Town of Purcellville. The Purcellville Arts Council works to offer local artists more opportunities to share their art with the public while providing residents with a variety of ways to experience, enjoy, and learn about art.To contact the members of the Purcellville Arts Council, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless otherwise noted, the Purcellville Arts Council meets the second Monday of each month at 7:00 PM at Town Hall. Please check the agenda center for latest meeting agenda.
- Jim "Doc" Wiley Leadership in the Arts Award, named for Dr. James Wiley, beloved family dentist, former Town Council member, and long-time supporter of art and artists in Purcellville, the award is intended to recognize an individual or organization in the greater Purcellville area for making a significant impact on the arts in the community.
- Virginia Commission for the Arts Grant Program provides financial support for local visual and performing arts programs.
- Art at Town Hall through which one local artist is featured for one to three months with their art on display for the public to view and a Meet the Artist Reception. Local artists who are interested in having their work on display at Town Hall may apply online with three samples of their work.
- Art Hall at the Purcellville Music and Arts Festival is a display of local artists’ work and hands-on art activities for the public. See some of the highlights of the Art Hall from the 2019 festival.
- Arts in the Garden at the Purcellville Wine and Food Festival is for local artists to demonstrate their process to people attending the festival.
- Art in Public Spaces such as banners featuring art by local students.
- Art in the Trail Station enhances the historic building as a visitors center and art gallery.
- Art Murals in Town brings art from the private to the public sphere, add visual and aesthetic value to the community, provide a medium to display the history and culture of the Town, and enhance the character of Purcellville.
- Cabin Fever Film Festival is a small film festival that highlights student films, vintage Purcellville home movies, and area film makers. The 2020 festival was held at the Franklin Park Arts Center on January 24 and 25. See photos from the event on the Town's Facebook page!
- Art Lecture Series connects professional, amateur, and emerging artists with each other and with the public through a series of quarterly talks on a variety of topics such as how to market art, how to take photographs outside, the use of color in photography, the basics of sketching, watercolor, etc.
- Loudoun County Artisan Trail, which the Town sponsors and participates in through three of our projects.
- Pop-up Exhibits in Vacant Retail Space to use the empty windows to display local artwork to both add to the beauty and interest of the locations while perhaps drawing attention to the availability of the space for leasing.
- Quilts in Town Council Chambers features the beauty and artistry of quilts made in western Loudoun.
- Wonder of Trees Poster Contest, co-hosted by the Purcellville Arts Council and the Tree and Environment Sustainability Committee, encourages students to get outdoors, learn about trees, and share what they learned through art! The contest is for students K-12 in the Purcellville area. Posters were due January 31, 2020. Get more information.