Purcellville Arts Council
The Purcellville Arts Council supports visual and performing arts in the Town of Purcellville. The Purcellville Arts Council works to offer local artists more opportunities to share their art with the public while providing residents with a variety of ways to experience, enjoy, and learn about art.To contact the members of the Purcellville Arts Council, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless otherwise noted, the Purcellville Arts Council meets the second Monday of each month at 7:00 PM at Town Hall. Please check the agenda center for latest meeting agenda.
- Cabin Fever Film Festival is a small film festival that highlights student films, vintage Purcellville home movies, and area film makers. The 2019 festival will be held at the Franklin Park Arts Center on January 25 and 26. Get more details on the Town of Purcellville Facebook page.
- Virginia Commission for the Arts Grant Program to provide financial support for local visual and performing arts programs. Apply online by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 1, 2019.
- Jim "Doc" Wiley Leadership in the Arts Award, named for Dr. James Wiley, beloved family dentist, former Town Council member, and long-time supporter of art and artists in Purcellville, the award is intended to recognize an individual or organization in the greater Purcellville area for making a significant impact on the arts in the community. Nominations were due Friday, May 4 at 5 p.m. The recipient, Discover Purcellville, was recognized at the Purcellville Music and Arts Festival on May 19, 2018.
- Art at Town Hall through which one local artist is featured for one to three months with their art on display for the public to view and a Meet the Artist Reception
- Art in Public Spaces such as banners featuring art by local students
- Art in the Trail Station to enhance the historic building as a visitors center and art gallery
- Art Murals in Town to bring art from the private to the public sphere, add visual and aesthetic value to the community, provide a medium to display the history and culture of the Town, and enhance the character of Purcellville
- Art Hall at the Purcellville Music and Arts Festival to have a display of local artists’ work and hands-on art activities for the public
- Arts in the Garden at the Purcellville Wine and Food Festival to give local artists a chance to talk with the public about their process and demonstrate how they create works of art.
- Quilts in Town Council Chambers to feature the beauty and artistry of quilts made in western Loudoun
- Art Lecture Series to connect professional, amateur, and emerging artists with each other and with the public through a series of quarterly talks on a variety of topics such as how to market art, how to take photographs outside, the use of color in photography, the basics of sketching, watercolor, etc.
- Loudoun County Artisan Trail, which the Town sponsors and participates in through three of our projects
- Pop-up Exhibits in Vacant Retail Space to use the empty windows to display local artwork to both add to the beauty and interest of the locations while perhaps drawing attention to the availability of the space for leasing