- Town Departments
- Utility Service
Payment Information: https://www.purcellvilleva.gov/326/Payment-Information
Need to set up New Utility Service? Complete the Utility Service Application (use link for fillable PDF form) and remit application and deposit to the Finance Department. Drop application & deposit in the 24-hour drop box, mail or contact RevenueTeam@Purcellvilleva.gov for instructions on how to remit application/ deposit electronically. https://purcellvilleva.gov/DocumentCenter/View/5462/Utility-Service-Application?bidId=
Need to make new account deposit payment by credit card? Email RevenueTeam@Purcellvilleva.gov for special arrangements.
Payment Hardship? Contact our office to discuss payment options and arrangements before disconnect occurs.
Low Income Household Water Assistance Program
Tax, General utility or other inquiry? Email: email@example.com
After Hours Water Emergency? Contact 540-454-3629 to reach our on-call Maintenance Team.
Water and Wastewater (Sewer) Services
The Department of Public Works manages the water and sewer systems for the Town of Purcellville. It is important for you to learn about these systems and how they serve you and your neighbors.
- Information on the Water System can be found here.
- Information on the Wastewater (Sewer) System can be found here.
START NEW SERVICE
Fill out a New Utility Service Application - & remit the Application and Deposit to the Finance Department. Drop the application & deposit in the 24 hour drop box, mail or contact the RevenueTeam@Purcellvilleva.gov for instructions on how to remit the application & deposit electronically.
WATER AND SEWER BILLS
- Utility bills are mailed bi‐monthly on even months (Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct, Dec)
- The Town code requires that all properties with water connections are to be billed a minimum charge even if service is turned off or no water is used for a billing cycle.
- The payment due date is stated on the front of the bill. Failure to receive a bill does not entitle the customer to pay without a penalty. The Town is not responsible for failure of the US Postal Service to deliver bills.
- Bill payment is due on the 1st day of odd months (Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov)
- All new accounts are charged an initial handling fee of $20 on the first utility billing cycle.
- Fixed service charges apply on every bi‐monthly utility bill based on meter size.
- Tiered rate fees apply based on gallons used.
- Sewer charges are based on water consumption.
- The Town reserves the right to estimate utility bills when it is not possible to read the meters due to inclement weather or other reasons.
- Late payment Penalty - 10%
- Utility Bill ACH Payment Program
- Official Payments Corporation
- Water and Wastewater Rates & Fees
- Increased Usage and Leak Detection Tips
- Utility Leak Adjustment Policy - Leaks repaired in a timely manner may qualify for our new adjustment policy.
- Utility Leak Adjustment Form - Please complete Leak Adjustment Form and forward to the Finance Department for consideration under the new policy.
- Delinquent Accounts-The property owner is responsible for timely payment of water and sewer fees and charges (Code of Virginia §15.2-2119). Landlords are responsible for delinquent balances owned by tenants. After notification, the Town will shut off the water service to delinquent accounts. The connection will not be reestablished until all fees and charges, including the disconnection fee, are paid in full. The Town also utilizes other delinquent collection action including a collection agency and the Virginia Set-Off-Debt program in which the Town may claim the taxpayer’s State Income Tax Refunds. The taxpayer will be responsible for collection costs.