Town Hall is open for walk-ins M-W-F 9:00AM-3:00PM. Visitors outside of this time, please press the “Ring” or call 540-338-7093.
Payment Information: https://www.purcellvilleva.gov/326/Payment-Information
Need to set up New Utility Service? Complete the Utility Service Application (use link for fillable PDF form) and remit application and deposit to the Finance Department. Drop application & deposit in the 24 hour drop box, mail or contact RevenueTeam@Purcellvilleva.gov for instructions on how to remit application/ deposit electronically. https://purcellvilleva.gov/DocumentCenter/View/5462/Utility-Service-Application?bidId=
Need to make new account deposit payment by credit card? Email RevenueTeam@Purcellvilleva.gov for special arrangements.
Payment Hardship? Contact our office to discuss payment options and arrangements before disconnect occurs. Payment Plans and Financial Assistance Resources are available.
Impacted by COVID-19? COVID-19 Federal Relief programs are provided by Catholic Charites and Loudoun Cares. The State of Emergency ended on June 30, 2021. The postponement of water disconnects has been lifted. The Town will resume water disconnects to accounts with unpaid balances in September 2021.
Tax, General utility or other inquiry? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
After Hours Water Emergency? Contact 540-454-3629 to reach our on-call Maintenance Team.
Water and Wastewater (Sewer) Services
- Information on the Water System can be found here.
- Information on the Wastewater (Sewer) System can be found here.
START NEW SERVICEFill out a New Utility Service Application - & remit the Application and Deposit to the Finance Department. Drop the application & deposit in the 24 hour drop box, mail or contact the RevenueTeam@Purcellvilleva.gov for instructions on how to remit the application & deposit electronically.
WATER AND SEWER BILLS
- The Town of Purcellville mails water and sewer bills bimonthly at the first of February, April, June, August, October and December.
- The bills are due the first business day of the following month.
- Late payment Penalty - 10%
- Utility Bill ACH Payment Program
- Water and Wastewater Rates & Fees
- New Utility Account Application
- Increased Usage and Leak Detection Tips
- Utility Leak Adjustment Policy - Leaks repaired in a timely manner may qualify for our new adjustment policy.
- Utility Leak Adjustment Form - Please complete Leak Adjustment Form and forward to the Finance Department for consideration under the new policy.
- Delinquent Accounts-The property owner is responsible for timely payment of water and sewer fees and charges (Code of Virginia §15.2-2119). Landlords are responsible for delinquent balances owned by tenants. After notification, the Town will shut off the water service to delinquent accounts. The connection will not be reestablished until all fees and charges, including the disconnection fee, are paid in full. The Town also utilizes other delinquent collection action including a collection agency and the Virginia Set-Off-Debt program in which the Town may claim the taxpayer’s State Income Tax Refunds. The taxpayer will be responsible for collection costs.