Water and Wastewater (Sewer) Services
The Department of Public Works manages the water and sewer systems for the Town of Purcellville. It is important for you to learn about these systems and how they serve you and your neighbors.
- Information on the Water System can be found here.
- Information on the Wastewater (Sewer) System can be found here.
Help us take care of our utilities so that we can better serve you!
START NEW SERVICEFill out a New Utility Account Application and bring it to Town Hall.
WATER AND SEWER BILLS
- The Town of Purcellville mails water and sewer bills bimonthly at the first of February, April, June, August, October and December.
- The bills are due the first business day of the following month.
- Late payment Penalty - 10%
- Utility Bill ACH Payment Program
- Water and Wastewater Rates & Fees
- New Utility Account Application
- Increased Usage and Leak Detection Tips
- Utility Leak Adjustment Policy - Leaks repaired in a timely manner may qualify for our new adjustment policy.
- Utility Leak Adjustment Form - Please complete Leak Adjustment Form and forward to the Finance Department for consideration under the new policy.
- Delinquent Accounts-The property owner is responsible for timely payment of water and sewer fees and charges (Code of Virginia §15.2-2119). Landlords are responsible for delinquent balances owned by tenants. After notification, the Town will shut off the water service to delinquent accounts. The connection will not be reestablished until all fees and charges, including the disconnection fee, are paid in full. The Town also utilizes other delinquent collection action including a collection agency and the Virginia Set-Off-Debt program in which the Town may claim the taxpayer’s State Income Tax Refunds. The taxpayer will be responsible for collection costs.