Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board's primary duty is to serve as the coordinating and reviewing body of the Town for matters related to parks, sidewalks, trails and recreational facilities and activities in and adjacent to the Town limits. The Committee has been working on fulfilling the Bike and Pedestrian Mobility Plan which would connect sidewalks throughout the Town. This Committee meets on the third Tuesday of every month at 7:00 PM in the Heritage Room at the Town Hall.
Projects and Events
Projects and Events
- Music in the Tabernacle - A series of concerts in the Bush Tabernacle. Learn more.
- Pedal Purcellville - A family fun bike ride and bike decorating contest part of the Purcellville Bike and Safety Day. Learn more.
- Purcellville Music and Arts Festival -The Purcellville Parks and Recreation Advisory Board hosts the annual Purcellville Music and Arts Festival with the Purcellville Arts Council and the Town of Purcellville.
- Purcellville Non-Profit Expo - This event gives residents a chance to meet and learn about the many non-profit organizations that serve Purcellville and western Loudoun County, including scouts, sports groups, community and civic organizations, military and veterans groups, arts organizations, charity groups, environmental and agricultural organizations, and others. Learn more.
- Celebrate Purcellville - The first town-wide, week-long event called Celebrate Purcellville was held in 2021. Using a "passport," people are encouraged to visit businesses and organizations in the Town of Purcellville, the join the Purcellville Parks and Recreation Advisory Board for a finale in Dillon's Woods. Learn more.
- Holiday Lights Tours - Every year, the Purcellville Parks and Recreation Advisory Board hosts these wonderful tours of the best lights in and around Purcellville in December.
- Scout Project Support - This board is happy to support projects that help scouts.
- Monthly Nature Walks - The Purcellville Parks and Recreation Advisory Board hosts a series of monthly nature walks held the last Sunday of each month. Learn more.