Holiday and Christmas Activities
Hand-painted holiday ornaments will be displayed throughout the Town this holiday season. These ornaments are painted by local artists and represent various aspects of our community. They will hang on light poles in Downtown, be placed in front of businesses, and will line Main Street. Keep your eyes out for these great holiday decorations!
- Town Tree Lighting
Festivities kick off at 6:30 pm, with the annual lighting of the Christmas Tree at Town Hall. This low-key event is fun for the family to drink cocoa and watch the Norway Spruce tree light up the Town. Enjoy a performance by the Dance Academy of Loudoun and holiday songs with the Loudoun Valley High School Women's Chorus!
– Holiday Lights Trolley Tours
Take a free ride on a trolley to view the holiday decorations and lights throughout Town. Approximately 40 minutes long, the Trolley Tour is a great way to see the best lights in Purcellville! While you wait or when you return, warm your hands by the fire pit and enjoy hot chocolate and s’mores. The evening starts at 5:30 pm (tickets available first come, first served; trolleys run 4 times per night at 60-minute intervals). The Holiday Lights Trolley Tours are hosted by the Purcellville Parks and Recreation Advisory Board. While you wait, enjoy caroling by the Loudoun Valley High School combined choruses!
– Christmas Parade and Other Festivities
- Open House at Town Hall - From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., come get your face painted, participate in crafts, and – best of all – see the HUGE Lego city on display in the Council Chambers. It’s a great event with fun for all.
- Ornament Decorating at the Purcellville Train Station - From 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., the Purcellville Parks and Recreation Advisory Board will host the annual ornament decorating workshop. Ornament decorating activities are available at the Train Station beginning at 10 a.m.
- highlights local organizations, clubs, teams, and businesses – with a special appearance by Old Saint Nick himself! It’s a treat for everyone and starts at 21st Street, continues down Main Street, and concludes by turning up Maple Ave to LVHS. To be in the parade, download and complete this form and submit it by December 1.
- Pictures with Santa at the Purcellville Train Station - From 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., come take your picture with Santa! Make sure to bring your own camera.
– Holiday Lights Trolley Tours
Here's another chance to go on the trolley tours! Take a free ride on a trolley to view the holiday decorations and lights throughout Town. Approximately 40 minutes long, the Trolley Tour is a great way to see the best lights in Purcellville! The evening starts at 4:30 pm (tickets available first come, first served). The Holiday Lights Trolley Tours are hosted by the Purcellville Parks and Recreation Advisory Board. While you wait, enjoy caroling by the Loudoun Valley High School A Cappella Group!
Saturday, December 23rd - Santa's Ride Through Town
From 6 to 9 p.m., watch for Santa who will be riding a fire truck around the Town of Purcellville!
Thu, Nov 23Thanksgiving Together St. Peter's Episcopal Church & Tree of Life are hosting the annual Community Thanksgiving Together meal on Thanksgiving Day at St. Peter's Episcopal Church. This meal is provided at no cost. Families are welcome. Meals can also be delivered to homebound individuals in the Western Loudoun area (call 703-554-3595 to set up meal delivery or volunteer to help). Thanksgiving Together - the meal will be served from 12 noon – 2:30 pm with a Thanksgiving Service from 1:30 – 2:00 pm.Read On
Fri, Nov 24Read On
Sat, Nov 25Purcellville Farmers' Market Purcellville Farmers Market offers a direct experience of Food and Community. Supplying its guest with fresh, healthy, and locally produced items which coincide with our community outreach and involvement efforts making Purcellville’s Farmers Market truly a market for the town. Come out and meet your neighbors. Learn more about our items from the people who have put their hearts into producing a product well enough to be served to their families and yours.Read On